Thursday, August 12, 2010

Happy Birthday to my boy!

Today (Thursday, August 12th) is my grandson's 6th birthday! As the saying goes, "time flies"! I have been remembering so many special memories that began when we found out he was on his way, right up to today.



We had the opportunity to have his "Home on the Range" birthday party this past Saturday and it was absolutely wonderful! To see his little smile as he realized that he was going to get to work with the miniature horses, take saddle and cart rides, roast hotdogs over a campfire, ride on the chuck wagon and be a real cowboy was amazing!



I feel that making memories are extremely important. I only knew one of my grandparents and have such precious memories of my time with him and I want to always take time to make memories with Caleb. I feel that spending time with him is one of the most important things I can give him! I always want to make sure he knows that his Gramma is here for him!


I am so thankful for the continued support of his Momma and Daddy in reinforcing the relationship that Caleb and I have. We both have our moments of sadness when it comes time for our visits to end, but we both can't wait till we see each other again! We have lots of little sayings and traditions, as well as several things that we both look forward to sharing.



Being his Gramma is without a doubt a great joy. I know that I have a responsibility to God to always be a good example to Caleb.



Happy Birthday Dear Caleb - Gramma loves you "the" number!

5 comments:

bp said...

:) A great Thankful Thursday post for a wonderful boy!!

BARBIE said...

Happy birthday to your sweet grandson!

Melanie said...

Caleb is a blessed little boy to have such a loving Gramma!

Apron Senorita said...

Hi, I'm Yoli and I found you posted on Thankful Thursday. I'm a single mother of 2 teen kids and I could not have raised my kids without my mother. She is the best grandmother to my children. Birthday wishes to your grandson.

Yoli :)
http://apronsenorita.blogspot.com/

Whidbey Woman said...

I look forward to being a grandmother some day. Happy Thankful Thursday!

The Providence of God

There was a discussion in a Sunday School class I was a part of recently about The Providence of God.  Different people shared how at differ...