Monday, January 30, 2012

The Providence of God

There was a discussion in a Sunday School class I was a part of recently about The Providence of God.  Different people shared how at different times in their lives things have happened and how at the time they didn't always see God's plan in what was going on around them.  Some mentioned things that seemed at the time to be impossible, however after the fact, it was evident that God had been working.  

As I sat and listened, I thought of several times when I questioned my path and my decisions and even at times questioned God's Will for a certain set of circumstances I was going through.   I realize more and more each day that God does not need my help!   He is in control and capable of handling everything.  I am human and not in control and not able to handle everything! 

There have been events in recent months that have shaken me a bit.  At times I feel badly for being shaken, however I feel like it's at that point that I have a choice to make.  I can either dwell in the shaken state and worry and wonder and try to figure out and handle the situation OR I can take it to God and rest assured that when I am shaken & unsure, He WILL carry me. 

I think that in those times I have the opportunity to learn and grow IF I make the right choice.  I am praying that whatever the lessons are that God is working through circumstances to teach me, that I will be willing to learn! 

I can already look back and see God's hand in things and how even when I was feeling unsure and broken hearted, God was working.  He loves me THAT much!

~Bonnie

 

1 comment:

Vilisi said...

Hi Bonnie. Yes...God is definitely in control all the time and working things out for our benefit because He loves us. Learning to trust Him is a continuing lifelong process for me. Sometimes I do great and other times not so. But I am thankful His love never wavers. :) God bless!

The Providence of God

There was a discussion in a Sunday School class I was a part of recently about The Providence of God.  Different people shared how at differ...