Thursday, August 19, 2010

A New School Year

I am blessed to work in an Elementary school office. I am beginning my 17th year doing this (wow that is a long time)! I totally love what I do and being a detail oriented person, it is a great challenge to me to get things done as they need to be done and for it all to fit together into a smooth first day of school!



I always make it a point to include prayer in the beginning of another year.

* for each person who works at the campus

* for each child who will soon come through the doors

* for each parent, grandparent, caregiver who is so essential in the child's life

* that I may be able to make a difference in some small way



My grandson will be starting first grade next Monday and I pray each of these things for the school where he will attend also. As I use to tell his Momma each morning when we would pray before she left for school - "do your best and let your light shine", I make it a point to have that as my goal each day!



Wishing each one a wonderfully blessed new school year!



~Bonnie

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Bless your heart! I used to pray for those same things when I worked at school. Your school is blessed to have you! I hope your grandson enjoys his first grade year--he will be learning a lot!

bp said...

I can't believe it's been 17 years! I remember when you started.

The Providence of God

There was a discussion in a Sunday School class I was a part of recently about The Providence of God.  Different people shared how at differ...