Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Thankful Thursday!

There are so many things in my life that I am thankful for, however today I want to focus on 3 people who are extremely important to me.
My daughter, son in love and grandson are blessings in my life! I am often amazed at the ways they bless my life.
Each week I receive mail - the kind in an envelope with a stamp - from them!!! I love getting and sending mail and it is such a pick me up to get mail! Sometimes it's something silly or sweet that my grandson cut out of a paper for me, along with a sweet note, but always it's a nice treat!
They are always there with their love and support for me, as well as physically always being available to help out.
It makes my heart so proud to see the wonderful family they are, how they put each other first and do everything they do with their family in mind.
It is a blessing beyond words the bond that my grandson and I have and I know that is due in part to the support of his parents! When he was born, my daughter began sending me "morning pictures" of him, so that I could see things that happened daily as he grew - wow, what a blessing! (I am sure I have several thousand pictures saved on CD and lots that I did print, but what precious memories!) They are always willing to let me come for a visit and make it part of their routine to come visit me! They let him call me often and make sure he calls to share important happenings with me!
Anyone who knows me knows the pride I take in these 3 amazing people, but I think it is important to always make sure they know how thankful I am for each of them!
I love each of you!
~Bonnie

10 comments:

bp said...

Awww, you're sweet! Best Mom! We love you.

Whidbey Woman said...

Oh, how wonderful! I didn't know that "snail mail" still existed.
You are truly blessed to have such a thoughtful and loving family.
Happy TT!

Rocks said...

Such a blessing you've got there :)

Krista said...

Family is such a special gift from God :) Thank the Lord he showers us with wonderful gifts like Family and Friends!!!

Kathy said...

It's nice to still receive "regular" mail isn't it? I miss getting letters from my sister-in-law. For years we exchanged letters and photographs of our children. Now we just send emails. Nothing beats a hand written letter though!

Toyin O. said...

Thankful for Jesus and family too!

http://youcanfacetodaybecausehelives.blogspot.com

Cindy said...

what a beautiful and heartwarming post. :)

Mary said...

That is so sweet that you get mail from them! I love the relationship that you have with them. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your day!

Denise said...

Family is such a treasure.

LAURIE said...

Aww... what a beautiful tribute! Getting snail mail is a rare thing these days, so I give props to your daughter for being so faithful each week. Thanks for sharing your grateful heart with us this week for TT!

The Providence of God

There was a discussion in a Sunday School class I was a part of recently about The Providence of God.  Different people shared how at differ...