Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Integrity

Definition of INTEGRITY

1
: firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values : incorruptibility
2
: an unimpaired condition : soundness
3
: the quality or state of being complete or undivided : completeness
 
Integrity is something that I learned from my Daddy.  I don't remember him ever saying the word to me or giving me the definition or expressing to me the importance of possessing that trait.  What I do remember is that his words matched his actions.  I know that when he gave his word, you could depend on it.  I know that he did not intentionally deceive or mislead people.  I know that if he made a mistake he was willing to admit it.  I know that if he hurt someone with his words or actions, he was willing to admit it and apologize.   I saw in him the quality of integrity.  I learned what it meant to live a life of integrity.  
 
We are human.  Humans are imperfect.  Humans mess up.   I believe though that as a human who has entrusted my life to God, I have an added responsibility to live a life of integrity.   I am not only representing myself by my words and actions, I am representing God.  I must be cautious to be the best representative I can be, as well as being willing to admit AND change behaviors or words that don't represent the integrity that God wants in my life.  
 
~Bonnie  

No comments:

The Providence of God

There was a discussion in a Sunday School class I was a part of recently about The Providence of God.  Different people shared how at differ...